LOVE, with a passion Winter weddings. Maggie and Michael came to me a year before their wedding date, feeling that they were not moving forward on their wedding planning. They both have busy jobs as doctors and needed help fast. They had booked their venue, The Detroit Athletic Club, picked a date and that was it.
Maggie wanted a classic design with the very now colors of navy and gold. These colors work so well with the interior of The Detroit Athletic Club.
The day started at their house on Orchard Lake, hair and make-up, lots of beautiful ladies, bridesmaids and moms, all looking amazing of course.
Maggie and Michael had decided to have first look at Maggie’s parents house before they would be departing together with the bridal party for Old St Mary’s Church, Greek Town, Detroit, Michigan. The first look was so beautiful. The backdrop of the lake, with a slight frost on the lake and ground and Maggie in her fur cape. She definately needed the fur as it was so very cold that day.
After the ceremony at the Old St Mary’s Church. Cocktails and appetizers were served The Detroit Athletic Club. The Detroit Athletic Club is truly a wonderful venue, the staff and service are amazing.
The head table, a captains table to include not just the bride and groom and bridal party but all their partners. This is my favorite style of head table it is so much fun and to include everyone.
The head table, had a “glamour” gold linen as the foundation of the table design with navy chargers, golden flatware and navy napkins. In place of menu cards, both Maggie and Michael had donated to their favorite charity. All the details were on the cards.
The cake was amazing. Brides will often bring images of the cake, but they don’t always quite look the same. Not this time, this cake looked the same or even better than the image. I could not get over how amazing it look and it of course tasted great.
After their amazing day Maggie and Michael wrote this:
Planning a wedding is one of the most fun & wonderful times of your life, but it is also frustrating & expensive. The little details you promised you wouldn’t care about become important & suddenly you’ve lost track of time, purpose & your check book. Planning a wedding should not be about one day, but rather, the rest of your life. Nicola helped us regain our focus & remember this day is about us. Our love, our commitment, our future.
I found Simply Brilliant Events while researching wedding planners on TheKnot. I had interviewed 2 planners before I found Nicola. I watched one of her videos & was instantly attracted to her lovely accent. I expected her to be the Mary Poppins of wedding planning. She is so much more!
Michael & I chose to work with SBE for multiple reasons. After our interview, I truly believed she had an invested interest in us & I trusted her. I had numerous concerns. Will I need to hand over all control? Can a planner maintain our wedding vision? This day is about us. It was important for our wedding be uniquely us, not a cookie cutter wedding of some planners go to vision. It was also important my planner not receive kick-backs from vendors. I wanted to make sure when we asked for a photographer, videographer, florist etc we were receiving the best options, not ones with any financial incentives. Nicola addressed all my concerns up front & helped us in so many ways, including keeping my sanity intact!
I have listed a few ways SBE helped us stay calm & focus on what is most important; our relationship.
1. She kept us organized. I forwarded all contracts to Nicola. She kept them available in case we needed to refer to 1 for any reason. Most vendors contacted Nicola directly when they had questions, which was great. Whenever I received an email regarding wedding info I would either forward it to Nicola & she would respond, or I would cc her & she would update them if I missed something.
2. She kept us on track with a detailed to-do-list using aisle planner.
3. She managed our time appropriately. Ex: When we went to look for linens Nicola arrived before us & selected a few options she thought we might like. We looked around a bit, but ended up going with the first 1 she put down.
4. She worked on our schedule. I would send a list of times Michael & I were available to meet & she would take care of contacting the vendors & scheduling appointments
5. She helped us create a wedding that was true to us & our personalities. I envisioned a winter wedding with navy & gold, with a timeless, classic, romantic feel, but not stuffy. I had no idea how to make that happen, but Nicola did. We worked together to find florals, linens, décor etc. that matched our theme & personalities. Our wedding was more immaculate than we could have ever imagined.
2 of the most wonderful things about working with Nicola are her flexibility & patients. I would find something I liked on Pinterest one day & the next something completely different. She rolled with it, but also kept me focused. She would recommend option A over B for X & Y reasons, but ultimately let us make the final decision.
I highly recommend Nicola to anyone I know planning a wedding. It is very difficult to express in words the amount of adoration & respect we have for Nicola. We are forever indebted to her & the services she provided to us.
Photography: Reflectivity Photography
Video: Blue Racer Productions
Hair & Make Up: Posh Studio
Linens and Rentals: Chair Covers and Linens
Floral: Scarlet Poppy Events
Band: Your Generation 56 Amp Fuse
Emcee Services: Rock Out Entertainment
Stationary: Wed- Ink